How To Have A Career In Management
In typical organizations, the managerial position ranges from a Frontline supervisory position to the top manager, the CEO. In between, there are managers of managers, general managers, product and project managers, and a variety of other roles that regardless of the name are still management positions.
Management jobs offer some of the most direct ways to take on more responsibility in many companies. There are Management jobs in every profession and every industry, in large and small companies, and in non-profit and profit organizations.
About The Management Consultant
The focus of a management consultant varies depending upon his or her relative level in the organization. They can amplify their ideas on strategy, direction, and problem-solving through others. Is responsible for fostering a positive work environment for every participant.
- The work of a manager is to manage others. Being responsible for others' work is hard work indeed, but you get the reward from developing great professionals over time.
- Not all managing jobs involve managing other people. Project managers observe progress on important projects to ensure they stay on track, but not all manage staff members.
Eligibility To Become A Management Consultant
Candidates of both undergraduate and postgraduate levels can pursue management as a career option.
- For UG levels: Undergraduate Business Management courses such as Bachelors of business management, bachelors of Business Administration and Bachelors of business studies required completion of 10+2 with 50% result.
Institutes may give preferences to maths and Commerce graduates.
- For PG level: Candidates must obtain a bachelor's degree from a recognized institute. They can opt for any subject combination for the graduation degree. Still, sometimes institutes might give recommendations and preferences to a candidate with a graduation degree in the subject related to MBA, such as BBA.
Selection is made by entrance examination, group discussion, and personal interview performance.
How To Become A Management Consultant
if you are interested in how businesses function, their strategies, management, and operations, then a career in management may be the one for you. The job involves managing an organization's overall direction, managing a list of clientele, and handling internal and external communication strategies.
- Most of the management institutes select candidates for admission based on entrance exam scores. Some institutes accept scores of national-level exams, while some conduct their entrance exams.
- A candidate should have the right skills and attributes required to become a business manager. They should have fun outgoing, friendly personality e and the ability to handle people.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities all the qualities institutes focus on during recruitment.
Top Management Institutes In India
Here are some of the top management institutes in India.
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB)
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad.
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIMC)
- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi.
- Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
Management Entrance Exams
For bachelors, colleges conduct their entrance exams. Since there are no specified courses in general management at the UG level in India, one can take up BBA or B.COM and later opt for an MBA to take electives and specializations. CAT, GMAT, ATMA, XAT, and MAT are the exams for Masters's level candidates.
Career Opportunities In Management
Management majors are qualified to work in a variety of business organizations. Previous graduates have been successful in all industries, including manufacturing, health care, financial institution, tourism, gaming, non-profit organizations, and governmental agencies.
Many management graduates can also start their own businesses in a variety of industrial sectors.
Employment Sector/ Industry For Management Consultants
Aspiring consultants must have an impression of the different employment opportunities available for them. We have prepared a listing of industries where management consultants' employment opportunities are available to help candidates.
IT industry, finance Companies, HR recruitment consultancies, management houses, entertainment industry, media houses, recruitment agencies, are the top sectors that recruit management Consultants.
Jobs In Management
Several job profiles are available for candidates who aspire to become management consultants. The profiles mostly depend on the designation offered by the industries as for their needs and requirement. Some in-demand management consultant jobs are:
- Information Technology consultant
- Financial analyst
- Business analyst
- Marketing executive
- Sales representative
- human resource consultant
Salary Of A Management Consultant
A management consultant's salary is based on the type of role and responsibility for which they are hired. Strategy Consultants secure a salary of 4-24 LPA, IT Consultants about 5-10 LPA, HR Consultants about 2-9 LPA, and financial Consultants about 1.7-13 LPA.
Study Material To Become A Management Consultant
To become a management consultant, candidates need to score well in entrance exams design for taking admission in various management colleges in India. To do so, aspirants can take help from the best books and study materials to prepare for the MBA entrance exam. Some books and reference materials are:
- 50 plus solved MBA entrance by Arihant Publication
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- NCERT mathematics book for higher secondary classes
- MBA entrance examination guide 2016 edition by RPH editorial board
- Logical reasoning and data interpretation by N K Sinha
Pros And Cons of Becoming A Management Consultant
- If you are a management consultant, you will get to travel with almost every project you handle.
- There is a complete dependency on your terms of handling the clientele and managing the organization's internal and external communication. It can be gratifying to see your efforts are being appreciated and implemented.
- Managers are generally paid more than others in the company and have more power in hand.
- In this field, you don't have a fixed Boss. They changed according to the project, which can be a bit confusing.
- Managerial goals and achievement are usually more long-term, unlike other professions.
- Workload frustration can cause stress and mental irritation.
FAQs about Management
Is management a good degree?
For Aspiring entrepreneurs and business leaders, a business management degree is consistently a popular choice. It provides the academic knowledge and skills to pursue Global career opportunities and helps develop a broad understanding of business.
Is it hard to get a job with a business management degree?
Business Administration graduates should have no problem finding a good job after graduation. As of 2012, the Bureau of labor statistics estimates the number of jobs in this field should grow by 12% each year.
What are some other jobs you can get with a management degree?
Experts say that a business management degree is a marketable credential for the positions of: Accountant Business analyst Executive Financial director Banker