How To Have A Career In BBA
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree is one of the most common degrees students go for after the 12th class. People know BBA in different names such as BBM (Bachelor of Business Management), and BMS (Bachelor of Management Studies). The course is a three-year-long course that teaches students the complete knowledge they require to lead a business team and manage them. A Bachelor of Business Administration program is suited for students who wish to prepare for a career in sales management, administration, healthcare administration, business handling, etc.
The BBA course teaches students the fundamentals of business education and the principles of management. Students can typically choose a specialized program to concentrate in one of several areas of concentration. According to their interest, students can select a particular program such as international business, finance, real estate, etc.
About the BBA
The program details for a business administration degree program will include courses in multiple areas. The course programs may focus on the development of communication in the official environment, learning about business analysis, and improving quantitative reasoning. Students can learn about global business issues, the economic aspect of a business in the world marketplace, and other relevant topics.
Eligibility for BBA
Students who wish to become a BBA need to have an aggregate of over 50% in their class 12 examination, preferably in commerce or science.
- For Bachelors' degree: Students should preferably have the required GPA to get into a BBA course after the class 12 board examination. Each college has its requirements. Students need to pass the 12th class in the science or commerce stream, preferably with mathematics.
- For Masters degree: There is the MBA program or the Masters in Business Administration which students can enroll in to increase their qualification. Aspirants need to pass the BBA to enroll in the MBA. They also have to give specific entrance examinations to get admitted into an MBA course.
- For Ph.D. degree: Students can sign up for a Ph.D. degree after they pass the entrance examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate in the MBA program.
How to Become a BBA
BBA is one of the best courses after the 12th. It will guide you on the path towards a strong career and will help you to become financially successful faster. On the other hand, BBA also teaches you how to improve as a person. It will make you smarter, more confident and will prepare you for the real world.
- Admission into a BBA college is generally a merit-based process. Students require a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the 12th board exam in the science or the commerce stream, to get admitted for the UG course. It is preferable to have mathematics as a subject in class 10+2 level.
- If students wish to earn an MBA degree, they need to sit for and clear entrance examinations according to the college or university. The entrance exam may differ.
- They can then start their professional career or choose to study further with a Ph.D. degree.
Top BBA Institutes in India
The top institutes in India that offer BBA courses are as follows.
- Christ University
- Amity International University
- KIIT school of management, Bhubaneshwar
- Institute of Management Studies, (IMS) Noida
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Symbiosis, Pune
BBA Entrance Exams
Some of the popular BBA entrance exams for candidates are as follows.
- GGSIPU CET BBA
- AIMA UGAT
- DU JAT
- NMIMS NPAT
The entrance exams are according to the different universities. Students can sit for the entrance exams, pass them, and get admitted into their desired college.
Career Opportunities in BBA
A BBA student can enroll to gain expertise in the much-required practical knowledge about the business world. They can gain awareness about world business as a whole. The course prepares students for the business world. Students can get jobs after completing the course in some of the following topics.
- Business law and ethics
- Business theory
- Project management
- Entrepreneurship fundamentals
The degree leads to a great career in management or in administration. BBA students can build jobs in India and abroad as well.
Employment Sector/ Industry for BBA
BBA is famous among young students due to the vast employment sector. Although most students get into BBA to sit for the MBA entrance exam, there are plenty of BBA jobs.
Jobs in BBA
ABBA candidate can get into the business industry as a professional in one of the flowing job profiles.
- The branch manager in banks
- Retail manager
- Human resource manager
- Hotel general manager
- Event manager
- Operations manager
- Airport management
- Startup management
Salary of BBA
The initial package for a BBA candidate is around Rs. 2 to Rs. 3 Lacs per annum in India. The maximum income, though, is unlimited.
Study Material to Become BBA
There are many books students can refer to for the BBA course. You can select the books according to the syllabus in a particular semester. The best books to pass the BBA exam and also to sit for the MBA entrance exam are
- Stoner, Freeman, Management, Prentice Hall of India
- Manorama yearbook
- General studies by McGraw Hill
- Industrial Organization Management, Sherlekar, Chitale
Pros & Cons of Becoming BBA
- International career option
- Talent acquisition
- Low initial income
FAQs about BBA
Is it possible for a BBA degree holder to apply for a management job in the tourism industry?
Candidates are eligible for the position of manager after receiving the BBA degree. They can also choose to be the manager in other sectors.
Should I go for MBA after BBA?
It is advisable to go for an MBA degree after the BBA degree to earn another degree. You will also receive other job opportunities with a higher salary if you pass the MBA.
What degree courses can I pursue after BBA?
You can pursue further courses after BBA such as MMS, MBA, PGDM, PGPM, etc. if you are interested in the subject.